Friday, March 18, 2011

Tiny to Fade Away! Chapter1: Forget!


Chapter One: Forget!

Wake up! It's past six! You don’t want to miss the fabulous view, now do you?

Fabulous view?

Anyway, go take a shower. I’ll take you on a nice tour around the garden you were so eager to visit.

Who are you?

It’s always been you, the only person stamped on every picture my eyes saw. Not only in reality, but also in my dreams I could only see you. Who are you?

Someone you don’t know.

I want to know! I want to know you ... again ...

Eh?

Your presence isn’t new to me. The warmth I feel from you. This easiness sensation you give. Your cheerfulness face doesn’t look strange to me. Somehow, I forgot and I want to know.

Tell me, once again ... who are you? ...

... We better hurry, or else we won’t make it out.

... I want to know you ...


The wheelchair was brought near from me. I could walk normally and had no clue over why to use it, nevertheless, I was forced to, especially when I was to be taken out of my room.

Mama, look, she hit me!

A kid, while we were heading to the garden, precisely still in the corridor, ran passing by beside us ... crying.

Oh dear, does it hurt?” the person with the red scarf, adult like, knelled down, rubbing the kid’s head.

Mama.” I suddenly uttered.

Mama ... what is ‘Mama’?” I inquired glancing up with a mystified expression at the person who was pushing my wheelchair, that same person whom I failed to know again ...

Is ... is it that person’s name?” I fixed my gaze upon that person rubbing the kid’s head.

No!” I exclaimed.

It isn’t her name! She doesn’t look familiar to me ... a total stranger. I don’t remember her ... Did I forget? ...

Or ... did I want to forget? ...

Couple of minutes I spent in silence.

It hurts ...

Are you okay? Shall we go back to the room?” The person holding my wheelchair questioned.

It hurts in here.” I stated placing my right palm on my chest.

Why does it hurt whenever I try to remember?

My organs are suffocating. They’re clenching ...

Am I forgetting? ...

Why ... say, why am I forgetting?

I want to meet her! The person whose name is ‘Mama’ ... I want to see her!

Without a word, without producing a single breathe, the place was filled with deadly silence.

Why are you crying?” I questioned directing my eyes at the person behind me who stood leaving one tear fell down as the other followed ...

Why? ... Why is everyone crying? ...

Let’s go!” the person spoke after wiping away her tears.

Go? Where? ... “ I questioned puzzled. “Where are we going? Where are you taking me? ...


These are scans of your daughter’s brain, Mrs. Mcloud. You are able to see the extreme shrinking of the Cerebral Cortex and the Hippocampus. The cross section of her brain, this black part is the inner temporal lobe, which is associated with memory loss.The doctor explained pointing out at the scanned pictures of my daughter’s brain after getting MRI.

Compared to this healthy one,pointing to another scanned picture,it’s larger. Clearly, the brain is shrinking, which is a characteristic of AD’s ... also known as Alzheimer Disease!




1 comment:

  1. I announced? when? did I?
    If I did announce then no, it isn't the story. This is a new one. I thought of it before a week.

    Yeah, hopefully Jenny remembers...wait...*reads again* I didn't say her name is Jenny...
    Does that mean ... ??

    ReplyDelete