Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That's when I realized...


The first step, another step and the last one she climbed. The very last step, she felt safe and calm, raising her head looking at the fainted moon just above the sky. On her left side, where the little rock-made bin was dumped, appeared out of the shadow sticks that came altogether, coincidentally to form a creature similar to a human being not fully completed. "Ask and you shall be granted!" he spoke, voice full of pride. "I want the living things to vanish!" she demanded with tenacity. "Granted!" his voice echoed.

Night waned, one star studded the sky. Wind blew strongly. The green grass and trees danced to the rhyme ferociously. It was a moment before the collapse. Nothing seemed alive around her. Things around stopped. No sign of life could be spotted, not even a breath except hers. "I'll fend for myself." she gathered her strength and affirmed. She moved, going down the three steps, relaxing with each one. She reached the bottom, the very last step, where the ultimate place of calm entered her body and crept around her heart.

She sat, wrapping her arms tightly around her knees. It was chilly and cold. The lifeless scene and scent surrounding her from all sides. A second, a minute, an hour and so on continued. The car remained there in front of her, unable to function without a living thing. Her brother was no more and so was her mother who decided to tag along. All were engulfed in her selfish demand. She curled up into a ball resting her head on her knees. It was difficult to breathe. There was this burden that rested on her shoulder, ringing that bugged her ears, chilliness that infiltrated like wind into her very bones, shivers that annoyed every piece of her body, thoughts that immersed her head, darkness that swallowed her eyes and wound that demolished her heart. "If only I can take it back.."

Morning welcomed her when she decided to open her eyes. Sun rays diffused by the sun lighted and colored the background. Living things came back alive. Earth was full of life.
"That's when I realized I can't live without them!"

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm back writing about things.
    Does this post seem like a story? I thought of writing whatever crossed my mind and this topic came out, if you got what I meant. Anyway, thanks for commenting~

    ReplyDelete
  2. TT^TT QUEEn!!! finally a response from you. I was trying for ages to contact you, but couldn't. It seems I cant send u any msgs nor can I call you T^T
    I feel terrible for not having the pleasure of hearing ur voice. I'm sorry for not posting a reply here. Blogger cant seems to work well with me these days.
    Anyway, just give me some time. I'll try to contact u using the net. I hope things are working just fine with u.

    ReplyDelete